Sunday School: 9:30am September-May
Mary Brothers leads children in topics such as "Names for God", prayer, Jesus' parables, and more. Children in preschool through elementary are invited to join this wonderful time downstairs before the service!
The winter series will run from January 10- March 20.
Special all-church Easter breakfast at 9:30am on March 27.
Worship: 10:30am, year-round
- Children participate in the beginning of the worship service with the whole congregation where they sing songs, greet one another, and participate in the "Children's Time', a short children's sermon in the sanctuary. They are then invited downstairs to finish the worship hour.
- Upon entering the children's worship center, they participate in a Godly Play style story. A story from scripture or church tradition is presented, and children and leaders together ask "wondering" questions about the story. "I wonder what your favorite part of the story is?... I wonder how the disciples felt when they heard Jesus say..." Worship continues with a time for responding to the story through activities. Then the time concludes back together for a feast and blessing as they children leave.
- Winter and Spring story focus: The life of Jesus, and Lent
Past Events and Traditions
- Palm Sunday processional with palm branches
- Easter breakfast and egg hunt
- 3rd Grade Bible presentations in spring
- Giving garden watering and harvesting in spring and summer
- End of summer picnic in September
- Alternative Giving Fair and Advent Celebration in November
- Children and Youth Christmas Play in December
- Taproot Theater Christmas Play in December