We, at Wallingford Presbyterian Church (WPC), are your neighbors. We follow two simple edicts which are central to our faith in Christ and which best reflect who we are:
- ‘Love Your Neighbor as Yourself’ (Mark 12:31)
- ‘Make every effort to live in peace with everyone’ (Hebrews 12:14)
Ultimately, we are a reflection of our Seattle community: diverse, open-minded, multicultural and welcoming. We are passionate about bringing love and peace to the world. We welcome you to visit and join WPC! White, Black, Asian, Latino, Young, Old, Middle-aged... All are welcome at WPC. We invite you to walk through WPC’s doors, attend our services as a visitor, and join us. Come as you are.
In the context of the social challenges that we encounter on a daily basis, and guided by our Christian faith, this is where we stand across a range of current issues:
- We stand in solidarity with all who passionately believe in gender equality. Whether this takes shape as the right for women to be pastors, support for equal wages, the right to be business executives, or the right to be mothers, we look up to women for their leadership in society and in our church.
- We stand in solidarity with the LGBTQ community. The Presbyterian Church USA has been a leader in embracing LGBTQ equality. WPC agrees with PCUSA’s position to actively support LGBTQ rights.
- We stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. We believe that it is important tosupport racial equality and economic justice in today’s environment of suspicion, misunderstanding, and institutional racism.
- We stand in solidarity with Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu brothers and sisters around the world, believing that all religions can peacefully coexist. Although our theologies may differ, we are all human beings on this earth deserving respect and dignity on our own religious journeys.
- We stand in solidarity with all who strive for Peace on Earth. The Love of Christ transcends all boundaries and is the guiding light that has the power and potential to bring the world together. We reject war, violence, bigotry, racism, and hatred. Let us love one another to bring peace to the world!
Wallingford Presbyterian Church is a member of Presbyterian Church (USA), or PC(USA), a mainline Protestant Christian denomination in the United States. A part of the Reformed tradition, it is the largest Presbyterian denomination in the U.S., and known for its relatively progressive stance on doctrine.