Wallingford Presbyterian Church
"Love Christ, love each other, laugh often"
***FAMILYWORKS SCHOOL SUPPLY REQUEST
- Composition Notebooks
- Spiral Notebooks
- 3-ring Binders
- Dividers for Binders
- Pocket Folders
- Calculators (ideally solar-powered)
- Glue Sticks
- Pencil Pouches or Utility Boxes
- Small Scissors
- Colored Pencils
- Liquid Bottle Glue (like Elmers)
SPIRIT SIGHTINGS: Light and Justice!
Every once in awhile I look up and out into the world. I see a glimmer, a bit of light more bright than usual. Its form is often contained in a human body, doing some ordinary act of kindness for another. Not concerned with being noticed, this embodied light shines! It draws me to itself.
It is the teenager working hard on a conference about social justice; it is the $20 bills handed to me after church when a member has said he has no money for shoes; it is the 3rd year of the Giving Garden, vegetables for Familyworks, our local food bank. It is walking alongside an Iraqi Muslim Refugee family on the path toward 'recognized status' here in the U.S. It is 11 household kits for Syrian Refugees.
I call these "Spirit Sightings".
Rev. Tiare L. Mathison, pastor and soul-tender
9:30am - Small Groups (September-June)
10:30am - Worship Service
- Children’s worship is offered during the latter part of our worship hour.
- Middle school and high school students are invited to worship together with the adults in the sanctuary.
11:45am - Coffee Hour
- Good conversation and good coffee
- 1st Sunday of the month "Open Table" lunch during coffee hour
Nursery care provided for children 2 and under from 9:30am to 12pm