CHILDREN: We Love You!
Worship: 10:30am, year-round
- Children participate in the beginning of the worship service with the whole congregation where they sing songs, greet one another, and participate in the "Children's Time', a short children's sermon in the sanctuary. They are then invited downstairs to finish the worship hour.
- Upon entering the children's worship center, they participate in a Godly Play style story. A story from scripture or church tradition is presented, and children and leaders together ask "wondering" questions about the story. "I wonder what your favorite part of the story is?... I wonder how the disciples felt when they heard Jesus say..." Worship continues with a time for responding to the story through activities. Then the time concludes back together for a feast and blessing as they children leave.
Past Events and Traditions
- Palm Sunday processional with palm branches
- Easter breakfast and egg hunt
- 3rd Grade Bible presentations in spring
- Giving garden watering and harvesting in spring and summer
- End of summer picnic in September
- Alternative Giving Fair and Advent Celebration in November
- Children and Youth Christmas Play in December
- Taproot Theater Christmas Play in December